A rescue dog bought on Facebook killed a man and left his brother to need his legs amputated

A grieving woman told how an old ‘loose’ dog killed her brother and left her husband needing to have both legs amputated by simply ‘chomping’ them with his bacteria-infested teeth.

Pauline Day, 62, has revealed how a Japanese Akita named Ted tore her family’s life apart after her brother bought him as a pet for £1,500.

Little did the family know that Ted – who looks like a “giant teddy bear” – had a deadly bacteria crawling inside his mouth.

But in July, Pauline’s brother, Barry Harris, 46, died at his home three days after Ted injured his arm, causing an infection and going into cardiac arrest.

And just a month later, Ted Butt was Pauline’s husband, Mark, 61, as he walked the dog on the day of Barry’s funeral.

Mr. Day, who has been in hospital since late August, has all fingers on his left hand amputated and will lose both legs by next week due to sepsis caused by bacteria in Ted.

Ms. Day, from Colchester, Essex, said: ‘They weren’t even attacked. Ted literally broke the skin of my husband and my brother.

“He was the softest dog but had nutritional problems. Whenever he was near food he was very aggressive.

“We believe he was abused as a puppy.”

Harris, the prime worker, bought Ted from a private Facebook seller in a London apartment in May of this year for Good Company after going through a breakup.

The seller told Mr. Harris that Ted, who was 15 months old, was well trained but when he got home he found that the dog didn’t even respond to his name.

READ  "I thought it was normal"

On July 7 – after less than six weeks together – Ted bit Mr. Harris while trying to remove an animal bone from his mouth during a walk and his arm quickly swelled up and he got cold sweats and headaches.

Three days later, Mr. Harris tragically died at his home after his heart stopped.

At Mr. Harris’ funeral on August 19, Mr. Die took Ted for a morning walk and was bitten by the dog on his hand.

He had “legs like lumps of ice” the next day, but put them in a hangover until – three days later – he was taken to hospital with a temperature of 39°C, before he went into cardiac arrest and suffered multiple organ failure.

Doctors told Ms Day that Mr. Day’s case was “100 per cent” due to a bacterial infection from a dog.

Mr Day, a construction worker, has been in hospital ever since and now faces amputation of his legs next week due to sepsis. I’ve already had seven fingers removed.

“It’s like a nightmare,” said Mrs. Day. “You just can’t believe this has happened.”

“My brother’s shock was a thing and then my husband. It’s just surreal.”

Mrs. Day had Ted suppressed on the same day that doctors said Mr. Day’s condition was caused by bacteria from a dog.

She also examined the paperwork that Ted’s owner provided to Mr. Harris when he bought the dog earlier this year and found he had no vaccination record.

“In the brochure, there was nothing with vaccinations.

“They gave him a false date.”

READ  Climate change was killing the dinosaurs before the asteroid impact - study

Swens

Olga Dmitrieva

Любитель алкоголя. Возмутитель спокойствия. Интроверт. Студент. Любитель социальных сетей. Веб-ниндзя. Поклонник Бэкона. Читатель

Добавить комментарий

Ваш адрес email не будет опубликован. Обязательные поля помечены *

Наверх